Organizations are increasingly looking to improve company culture, measure employee engagement and happiness in real-time. But an annual survey with a lengthy questionnaire leads to responder fatigue and low interest.
To cater to this need, organizations are shifting from lag indicators (annual surveys) to lead indicators (pulse surveys). With Xoxoday Pulse, conduct simple and snackable surveys to measure various engagement dimensions in your organization.
With the SHRM-Xoxoday Pulse Survey, map out your organization’s culture, pull out the pain points and mobilize it towards the big picture.
• Know your organization eNPS and engagement score in real-time.
• Well-researched set of questions on 15 engagement dimensions.
• Dive deep and know the exact root cause of problems.
• Take quick action and measure the output instantaneously.
• Compare and analyze historical data.
• Simple and intuitive survey interface.
• Anonymous surveys.
Why Engagement Surveys?
For surveys manually created through Google Forms and other such tools - the onus of building statistically valid/reliable surveys is on the survey creator. Secondly, the survey admin has to ensure that survey response rates are high and requires active follow-ups.
The product is designed to ensure high response rates since it uses nudges and periodic notifications to encourage users to provide feedback. Intelligently design sampling techniques ensure high response rates and lower response fatigue by cleverly mixing question set across the employee base. Responses are collected every month for understanding employee engagement on an ongoing basis instead of being semi-annual/annual affairs.
Levels & Dimensions of questions
The Engagement survey questionnaire is broadly classified in 3 levels, Level 1 has 4 dimensions,
Strategic Connect, The Hygiene Factors, Relationships & Culture, Recognition & Career Growth. Each dimension in level 1 is further classified into 2nd level sub-dimensions, each 2nd level dimension has a question associated with it. Each 2nd Level dimension is further classified into 3rd Level sub-dimension which is primarily used to identify the exact problem in 2nd level dimension. Level 2 has 15 questions whereas Level 3 has 52 questions in all.
Each question asked will be measured on a Likert scale with the following values,
• Strongly Disagree (Value - 1)
• Disagree (Value - 2)
• Neutral (Value - 3)
• Agree (Value - 4)
• Strongly Agree (Value - 5)
A Level 3 question is asked when a response to Level 2 question is Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree to identify the root cause of a problem.
- Socially responsible
- High performing organization (Financial credibility and profitability)
- Customer satisfaction
Vision & Strategy
- Strategy Alignment with Vision and Mission
- Future business strategy
- Leadership inspiration
- Leadership fairness & integrity
- Leaders competence
THE HYGIENE FACTORS
- Awareness of Competencies
mapped ( KSA)
- Possessing the right
- Alignment to competency level
- Clear sense of purpose
- Long term career
- Technology and tools
- Workplace bullying and harassment
- Work life balance
- Professional accomplishment
- Feels motivated
- Job security
Structure and policies
- Policies & procedures
- Organizational structure
RELATIONSHIPS & CULTURE
- Committed team
- Relevant competencies (KSA)
- Team communication
- Team collaboration
- Supportive manager
- Coaching & mentoring
- Taking opinions seriously
- Objective decisions
- Attitude towards failure
- Learning culture
- Risk taking
RECOGNITION & CAREER GROWTH
- Take part in designing strategies
- Timely feedback from managers
- L&D Resources
- Career progression opportunities
- Adherence to goals and objectives set
Engagement Survey: Set up
- Click on Employee Lifecycle Surveys under Surveys.
- Click on Run Survey on Engagement Survey option.
- Select frequency.
- To provide detailed insights, user details should contain department, function and business unit fields filled in. Please ensure and proceed ahead.
Set up Engagement Survey
Set up engagement Survey
Frequency of Survey invites
The activity of sending survey invites is now more streamlined with an improved distribution logic. The users will be asked to respond to a weekly survey only 4 times in a quarter thus addressing the responder fatigue. This change is intended to keep the surveys interesting to the users such that the response rate is high and there is no responder bias.
Engagement Survey Insights
Dig deeper to get more actionable insights through engagement surveys
Engagement survey results can now be broken down by departments. Average scores across the organization hide the variations across individual teams. With this added capability, you now have the ability to focus on corrective actions where they are needed the most. [Ignore the pieces about reducing responder burden]
The eNPS is calculated by subtracting the percentage of detractors from the percentage of promoters. In the eNPS survey of scale from 1- 10, Respondents of 1 - 6 are considered as detractors, 7 - 8 are considered as passives and 9 - 10 are considered as promoters.
You can see the department wise graph of the eNPS over the time.
eNPS score - Department Comparison graph
Can I Modify questions in Employee Lifecycle Survey?
No, the questions in the Employee Lifecycle surveys cannot be modified. These are research-backed questions from SHRM which are proven to provide insightful data.